Monday, August 27, 2012

Dear Mr. Master Grade Sinanju, I hate you



Well, as many others before me I wanted to jump on the chrome red Sinanju Bandwagon but slipped and landed on my face. Yes, there are doctors that can help me, but my wounds are deep and my soul will be in despair forever.

How did it come to this?



Lets start at the start, back in 2010 I tried to make a chrome red Sinanju after seeing the wonderful work by no other than Matt Tomczek. At this time I had never seen such a awesome color tone on any kit before and had a plan, I want this and I want it now. All went well till I started topcoating it, the clear red started breaking on some places revealing the chrome underneath. No problem, it's not so bad I thought.

So I moved on, applying the dry transfer decals and shit got ugly. How to apply these things on the Sinaju will stay one of many life mysteries to me. So, no decals (I could not find any water slides at the time). It will still be cool, I thought again.
So I started putting it together (after repainting the part I tried to add the decals). While I was doing this some parts got scratched. No problem, I thought, I will just burn the kit after I am done. My mood was starting to go down.
Now the whole kit was standing in front of me with all its glory and all its fail.
I added the gun and the fingers snapped off. Oh fuck this, I though,t (I just glued them back on) after that I noticed the shoulder part that connects the shoulder to the torso was broken too. No problem, I thought, I will just order a new one and start all over.


So I started gathering all the stuff I need to make a Sinanju over the last few years. I got the waterslide decals and the metal thrusters.

Now in the year 2012 I have tried again and failed again.













I think me and the chrome red Sinanju were never meant to be. But still, I would be a bad sport if I would not share my fail with you.
And guess what? I have another MG Sinanju in my backlog, but this time I will stay away from the chrome clear color, infact I will never do anything like this ever again :(

5 comments:

  1. not bad for a fail marc......this is better than many others i have seen in my dayz bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it!?....... Is it really Steve!? hahahahh Thanks man. I guess, I just had higher expectations to myself and got frustrated at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. for me it doesn't seem like a failure ... I wish to do as good as you with that awesome sinanju TT^TT .... But maybe its just me being a newbe in gunpla and painting xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anonymous <3, I am sure you could do it just as good. All that one needs for this is patience, which I did not have when I did this kit or not enough. You Have a good eye and will surpass me soon, if you stick with the hobby.

      Delete
  4. It does looks great on the photos....but ..We only noticed those fails only when U said it..I also have some troubles applying the DRY transfer before ,So I sorted on using water slide decals on my later projects.

    One of my fave was doin' Titanium finish on Sinanju.Your Kit rocks bro!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts